My friend and co-worker Ashley went to Baylor but we had very different Baylor experiences. I always talk about certain Waco/Baylor things that she had never done, so we decided to take a road trip and expand her horizons a little bit :) Her mom just started working at Baylor, too, so we made it a girl's weekend (well Nathan tagged along a little bit).
We started the weekend off at Vitek's where we enjoyed the
Gut Pak.
It was delicious! Fritos, onions, cheese, sausage, brisket, beans, pickles, and bread all in a to-go box.
Then the four of us went to:
All-University Sing
One of my favorite events at Baylor, Sing brings all of the campus fraternities and sororities together for a singing/dancing competition. We had great seats and although the show lasted 4+ hours, it was a blast.
Saturday we did a little shopping at some of Waco's
Junque stores
I just love the shabby-chic look of this dresser!
Then we hopped across the street where we shopped and had lunch at
Amelia's
I love Waco's hole-in-the-wall shops and restaurants. Amelia's tea room has delicious carrot cake muffins and chicken salad. It's a win in my book!
After lunch and shopping, we drove over to the Ferrell Center for the
Baylor Women's Basketball Game
Vs. TCU. Brian got us great seats and free shirts! Brittney Griner was of course amazing but she wasn't the only girl I was interested in watching... Miss Kinsley was there too! My precious little cheerleader.
To finish up the day, I took Ashley and her mom to
Spice and Bloom and Bee Swanky
for some more shopping then Nathan met up with us for dinner at
George's
Yum!
It was a perfectly Baylor weekend!


What a perfect weekend!
ReplyDeleteYou sure know how to do some shoppin' and eatin', girl!! I wouldn't mind one of your Waco weekends!
ReplyDelete