Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Delicious Food

Although I don't really enjoy cooking, I do actually cook.  It's much more fun to photograph food you didn't make, so here goes (besides the first picture)!

After a spontaneous spaghetti dinner at the Paulson's, we left with a few party favors (one: silver cleaner, two: salsa!).  The salsa was homemade and my was it delicious!  We ate on it for a few nights including taco salad night (it didn't last much longer than that-- a girl LOVES her salsa).  It was delicious with the salad and with the homemade chips that I bought at Alberton's (that sounds like an oxymoron doesn't it?).  Thanks, Shay!


Fresh cinnamon rolls from Max's Wine Dive.  Divine.


Nathan's enchiladas with a fried egg from Amigo's.  In his opinion, everything is better with fried eggs.


While I was in Laredo, TX for work, I had flautas at Taco Pallenque.


Nathan and I are very saddened that Top Chef is over, so we decided to have a contest of our own.  We got in Nathan's truck and headed to Central Market where we each picked up our own ingredients for dinner (just like on the show-- so fun!).  I ended up making seared tuna with a honey citrus sauce and a tomato, oil, balsamic vinegar salad on the side.  Nathan made sockeye salmon over a bed of spinach and a scallop topped with chopped bacon.  They were both delicious!!  Since there can only be one winner, I was dubbed Top Chef champ due to my excellent presentation and tuna perfection.  Nathan was a close second.


Lastly, this is Nathan's new favorite meal.  It's from a hole-in-the-wall Vietnamese place... Spring rolls with peanut sauce, egg rolls with some sort of amazing dipping sauce we can't decipher, beef pho, and a banh mi (sandwich).  That whole meal was $15 so I have a feeling we'll be back soon!  

4 comments:

  1. I am SO impressed with your cooking skills!!!!! I had no idea!

    Maybe we will have to try that Vietnamese restaurant with y'all sometime soon. Adam is more adventurous in that department (as long as it's not fish!), so I'm learning to be. :-)

    So glad y'all enjoyed the salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Top Chef contest...it all looked great!
    Glad y'all found a good Vietnamese place although that sandwich (which I call a #2) needs more meat on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though your Top Chef entrees looked delicious, I'll have to admit the Mexican food was right up my alley!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I NEED that cinnamon roll!!! It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete