Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas with the Cashes

It's been 2 weeks since my last post and I do apologize!!  Life has been pretty crazy here this December...  I guess I'm finally understanding why people say "remember the reason for the season" as they run around town looking for presents and over-committing themselves...  Obviously it's not that intense at the Cash household, but we have been extra busy lately!

We have put the Christmas decorations up-- including my little gold Christmas tree that has made its 2011 debut in the kitchen.


Nathan and I celebrated his accomplishments at work by eating at Mi Piaci (Zagat's Best Italian restaurant in Texas)-- we had veal and black spaghetti with a tasting of gelatos for dessert!




We checked out the Christmas lights in Highland Park.... I was a little disappointed this year with the amount of Christmas lights in Dallas... I guess I shouldn't complain when we didn't even put any up!  Hopefully next year we will :) 



We've been all over the place going out with friends, finishing up projects at work, and balancing time with just Nathan and me.

Probably the most fun thing we've done this Christmas season was take a couple and their 6 foster children out for dinner... We set up the dinner details with a Buckner employee and met the family at Cafe Brazil for a fabulous dinner together!  It was a very emotional time for Nathan and me... the kids talked about their birth parents and past foster families which just made us so upset that they won't be with their parents, especially during Christmas.  It was interesting learning about the foster process and what great programs Buckner has for these kids.  We set up this dinner so we could give them a "night out" but I think they blessed us much more than we blessed them!! 

So here's a glimpsed into our December... I'll post again soon, I promise :)

3 comments:

  1. 1. Congrats to ntg for his accomplishments!
    2. Gelato sampling...yum!
    3. What a blessing to the foster family. Totally understand all the emotions you felt. That's why Daddy and I have made a commitment to the foster family we help support every month for several years now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally! I've so missed reading about y'all. Christmas can be so crazy. We are so glad you all took the time to be with those kids. I bet they loved y'all too! Have fun this weekend. We'll miss you! Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your table arrangement! Love your commitment to helping! Being able to help others is definitely God's gift to us!

    ReplyDelete