We continued our 2nd anniversary celebration last weekend in San Antonio starting off with a couple of dove hunts! How romantic :)
We went with a group of men from South Main -- they were so sweet to have me tag along. We didn't shoot many dove (N and I got zero!) but we had a great time being outdoors. The first hunt was Friday afternoon and we just made it in time for the end of it. Then we enjoyed a Mexican dinner and an early bedtime. Saturday we woke up before God did and headed out to the fields for some more birdies. Thank goodness Ken brought mosquito spray because we were all covered with those little boogers. I tried not to be HM (high mantenience) but I had to ask for some bug spray...
After our last hunt, Nathan, my dad, and I drove to San Antonio to have lunch at Rosario's-- the best Mexican place! We had amazing ceviche while watching the Baylor game (vs. West Virginia-- we just barely lost).
Then Jeffe left, so Nathan and I piddled around The Quarry a little bit before checking into our hotel. We ended up at Whole Earth Provisions where we each got a pair of pants that you can zip off to be shorts and a pair of quick-dry undies that we're bringing to Peru in December.
So let me tell you a little bit about where we stayed in San Antonio.... The Hyatt Hill Country Resort was all booked so we stayed at the Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch. We were thinking it wasn't going to be quite as cool but boy were we wrong! It was the most precious hotel! We had a gorgeous room -- there was a huge water park, lazy river, getaway areas with hammocks-- a campfire area-- and even a bocci ball/horseshoes area. We had a really fun afternoon hanging out at the hotel. It was definitely more private and low-key which we enjoyed.
We ended up having dinner and smores at the hotel which was fabulous.
Sunday morning we enjoyed the hammocks and then started our journey back to Dallas. We started early because normally it takes us forever to drive because we like to stop so much. We stopped at the San Marcos Outlets, a thrift store and REI in Austin, and then had dinner with Brian in Waco. Another fun weekend with the hubster!
Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.
--Greg Anderson

Quite an interesting anniversary celebration, I must say! But as long as you two had fun together and both enjoyed the activities...I can't think of anything sweeter!
ReplyDeleteThat's where Luke and I stayed for our first anniversary! We love Wild Oak!!
ReplyDeleteYou guys always have the best time! Happy Anniversary!!
ReplyDelete