Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Barnhill Wedding

Ashley and Joey got married on 7.14.12 so like I said in the previous post, my boys and I drove down to Houston that Thursday for all of the fun wedding festivities...

Friday morning was the bridal luncheon hosted by her family's best friend at Sugar Creek Country Club.  We got to enjoy the gorgeous view overlooking the golf course while we ate lunch, told stories about how we knew Ashley, and got to say some sweet, encouraging words to her as she's starting a new journey in her life.

Friday night we had the Rehearsal at the Parador, a cool venue in the Medical District in Houston -- here is Ashley and her bridesmaids

Then we had the Rehearsal Dinner at Maggiano's which was delicous!  Nathan and I had our Rehearsal Dinner there so it was really sweet to be there again almost two years later for a dear friend (and actually eat/enjoy the food instead of having my stomach in knots with nerves!).  Joey's family did a wonderful job with all of the decorations, music, and flow of the night.  It was neat seeing people from all stages of their lives coming together to support them.

Ashley also gave the bridesmaids a little gift which I loved-- it was a monogrammed Land's End bag filled with lots of goodies like a monogrammed cup, jewelry holder, and lip gloss.



Saturday morning, all of the girls went to the Embassy Suites downtown to get ready-- we were greeted with another sweet treat from Ashley-- a "bridesmaid survival kit" filled with mints, a lint roller, hair brush, Advil, and more.  Ashley really went out of her way with these thoughtful details!


After we all got our hair and makeup done, it was time for a quick Jason's Deli lunch then we were off to the hotel!


SUCH a beautiful bride with a stunning dress



Once we all got ready, we took pictures at The Parador-- I love this picture of Ashley with her bridesmaids holding her dress


First Look-- Sweet!



Jillian had the important job of fanning off Ashley after doing pictures outside in the heat



After the beautiful and sweet wedding, it was time to party!  Here's Ashley and Joey's first dance...


Me and my hubby


It was definitely a fun wedding weekend celebrating a great couple!  I loved meeting her friends and seeing some old friends at her wedding.  My family also got to be there which was neat (first time for Kinsley to be with a babysitter-- ah!).  Congrats to the Barnhills!

7 comments:

  1. Girl, I love the new layout! So glad you and Bobbi got to work together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful everything was! I loved the hanger if the wedding dress with her married name! Too cute!!
    And you look presh in your new necklace! Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new name of your blog....so you!! You wear your new necklace really well! And I absolutely love the dress you had on in the last picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made the blog! I feel famous! :) Love the new layout! Ashley's wedding weekend was so fun. I hope to see you more often, I will be heading up to Dallas a few times in the next couple of months. Maybe we can grab lunch or something while i'm there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous wedding weekend! The bride's dress was stunning and you guys looked so pretty. She picked some pretty bridesmaids dresses.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bride and I also love the bridesmaid's dresses!

    ReplyDelete