Sunday, December 12, 2010

Our home all dressed up

Here are some pictures of our little home all dressed up for the holidays...  We don't have much room so there aren't many decorations and we have two tiny trees instead of one big one.  But it's just perfect for us!  I love coming home from work, lighting my Christmas tree candle, plugging in the lights, and playing Christmas music on Pandora.  Why can't every month be December?

This is our teeny tiny tree #1.  We have overloaded it with ornaments from our childhood.

This is our tiny tree (not so teeny) #2.  It's a muted gold and looks so homey with the lights on.  Our stockings are to the right of the tree-- sine we have no mantel, we hung them on the window sill.

This tree has ornaments from our childhood as well (I'm sure it was tough for our mommies to give up some of their favorite ornaments for you).  Here we have a Radio City Rockettes ornament, a Baylor stocking, an elephant keychain from Thailand, and a bunch of others.

Unfortunately they don't make tree skirts for tiny trees, so a dish towel will have to do!  At least it's festive.

This is Patriot's new stocking.  It will hopefully hold a Furminator and some chews this Christmas.

This is Nathan's stocking from when he was born!  That's one ollllld stocking :)

This is my new stocking.  I thought it was pretty funny and quirky so I think it's perfect.

Unfortunately this is my ornament from our honeymoon in Hawaii..... It didn't even make it on the tree this year because Patriot ate it while the box of ornaments was out!  It was a real pineapple shrunk to the size of my hand and was a great remembrance of our honeymoon... I guess we'll just have to go back!

1 comment:

  1. 1. "Tree skirt" is quite creative!
    2. Your stocking makes me laugh.
    3. Pineapple ornament remnants are pitiful. I'm sure Pate's realllly sorry:(

    ReplyDelete