Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Oklahoma weekend

Last weekend Nathan and I traveled to Broken Bow, Oklahoma with Nate & Michelle Ball!  It was so fun to take a little adventure together, especially with the Ball's.  We left Friday after work after STUFFING the car full with two coolers, multiple fishing rods & fishing accessories, a dog (yes, Patriot got to go!), and 4 bags stuffed with cold-weather clothes.  We rented a precious little cabin in the woods that had a hot tub, pool table, 2 huge rooms, a wrap-around porch, and a fire pit.  Brownie points to Nathan for finding it!  We stayed up till 2 am on Friday chatting, hot tubbing, and watching scary movies.



Saturday morning, Nate & Nathan woke up at 6 am to go fishing and they were gone till noon!!  How can someone fish for that long??  I don't know, but I'm glad Nathan has a buddy to do enjoy it with! (And so I don't have to go!)  Michelle and I lounged around-- I miiiight have slept till 11 am-- and watched movies on TV until the boys came back for lunch.  Hot dogs were accompanied with bags of chips, dips, pretzels, sausage, a veggie tray, cookies, Zebra cakes, and more.  Yum!  After lunch we miiiiight have taken a nap, then Patriot went on a couple of walks in the beautiful woods.  Orange and yellow leaves DO exist!





The boys then went BACK to the river to fish while Michelle and I watched more tv, read, maaaaybe napped some more, and just enjoyed the gorgeous weather.  After the boys got back, we fixed fish that my hubby caught, chicken, and all the leftovers from lunch.  Patriot got to roam outside in the leaves while we were cooking so I'm sure he enjoyed all the freedom.  We watched the AMAZING Baylor vs. UT football game-- I don't think the boys sat down they were so excited about the game.  Baylor's going BOWLING and we beat UT,  I'm a happy girl!





Sunday the boys went fishing for the last time and Michelle and I miiiight have slept in.  We lounged around a little bit then cleaned up the cabin for our 11 am checkout.  We stopped at the river to soak it all in before we had to leave Oklahoma.  Oh but before we left, we had lunch at a Shell station.  Haha!  We love hole in the walls but that was quite interesting.




We had a very relaxing weekend, got to hang out with friends, and the boys got to fish.  Too bad we couldn't have stayed longer!

2 comments: