Saturday, November 20, 2010

Baylor Homecoming


Homecoming Weekend began with a DELICIOUS meal from Ninfa's.  My word I love that place.  It wouldn't be a trip to Waco without their chicken nachos and amazing chips & salsa.


Then we headed over to the Bonfire where we met up with Betsy & Brian and lots of other great Baylor friends!  It was the first time for us to see a lot of friends since the wedding so we had a fabulous time catching up.  I even saw some freshmen from SMBC!  Makes me feel old.


Saturday morning began at the Tri Delta room for our annual Homecoming Breakfast where we got to watch the new members perform their Fall Parties songs and we got to see lots of friends-- new and old.


The Homecoming Parade was great!  Well it was quite chilly, a little damp, and slow as molasses but it was still great!  I love seeing all of the frat/sorority floats, especially because I know how long it takes to sew grass, glitter flowers, and put together a larger-than-life float.  I bet you didn't know you could sew grass, did you!?

Here is Tri Delt and Pi Kapp's float


Betsy, Brian, Nathan, and I went to Schmaltz's for lunch after the parade.  If you don't know Waco, it's like a homemade version of Schlotzkey's except everyone thinks it's better.  And man, that place was PACKED with Baylor alumni!

We then headed out to the football game but beforehand we had to make an appearance at an ATO alumni tailgate.  Nathan saw so many old friends!  Such the Socialite.


Just one quarter through the football game and the game was postponed due to lightening.  Seriously????  Well Nathan and I ran down to the breezeway, thankfully, right before the rain came POURING down.  There were tons of people that either couldn't fit in the breezeway or were just stubborn and didn't want to come in the breezeway.  Serves them right.  Well after 5 hours of delays (at least it seemed that long), the game started back up again but because of the storm, it dropped about 50 degrees (at least it seemed that cold).  People flocked to the Baylor gear kiosks and they were sold out of ALL long sleeve shirts, blankets, and ponchos so quickly!  Erin and I were a little tired of waiting around for the game so we went home and relaxed while the boys stayed and watched the Bears win.  Which means we are Bowl Bound!!  Sic 'em!

After the game we went to Mama Baris for dinner with Graham and Erin (our lovely hosts for the weekend) and Jimmy and Brittany.  It's funny how we are all married now!  Thank you Baylor for letting us meet our amazing spouses!  As I have always said, Baylor is a buffet of boys :)



Sunday was such a perfect day, how could one not take pictures at Fountain Mall with Pat Neff and yellow marigolds in the background?


Patriot had a great weekend at the Petsmart Puppy Hotel.  His report card was terrific!  Although he wasn't allowed to play with other dogs (per Mommy and Daddy's request), he did enjoy his "Atrium" and hypoallergenic blankets.

1 comment:

  1. If I had been there, we girls would've gone shopping instead of watching a football game in the rain and cold.
    Loved the Petsmart description!

    ReplyDelete