Well the blog trend nowadays is posting recipes online... With multiple pictures to make you feel like you're in the kitchen with the blog writer... To help you when you want to try out the recipe yourself in your own kitchen.
Well that's what I'm about to do. But this meal that I am going to write about/share pictures of is a Newlywed Meal. A Newlywed Meal must be: Easy, Cheap, and Make leftovers. Although Nathan and I are not a huge fan of leftovers, we have discovered that if you make extra of one component of your meal (ie. chicken, guacamole) that you can use that component in the next meal and it will be a more efficient use of time. So this week we made chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans which you will find is very easy, cheap, and made lots of leftovers (this time it was chicken).
So here we go!
 |
| First of all, you need to make sure the dogs are sleepy so they don't bug you while you're cooking |
 |
Get your kitchen ready. You will need a casserole dish, a sauté pan, and a pot to create this delicious Newlywed Meal.
|
 |
| As well as chicken rub, chicken drumsticks, green bean Steamers, and a packet of mashed potatoes. Steamers and packets of mashed potatoes might seem slightly "un-domestic" but keep in mind that this is a Newlywed Meal. In a few years maybe I'll be spending hours and hours peeling potatoes and picking my own green beans... |
 |
| A key player in the game--- authentic Spanish olive oil (from Denia). Apparently this authentic Spanish olive oil is also available at your local HEB. |
 |
| First you need to slather your chicken drumsticks (yes we have a dozen for two people) in chicken rub. |
 |
| Then you put some olive oil (the one from Spain... or HEB) in a hot sauté pan and sear the chicken for a minute on each side. |
 |
| Once they are ready, put them in a casserole dish (yes we still have a dozen drumsticks) and place them in the oven. It took us about 30 minutes to cook them on 400 degrees. |
 |
| When the chicken have about 5 minutes left to cook, place your green bean Steamer bag in the microwave and in 4 short minutes, you will have delicious vegetables! |
 |
| Then for the mashed potatoes... Heat up two cups of water or milk and then pour the milk into a serving bowl. Then add the mashed potato mix and after a few quick stirs, you will have mashed potatoes! One might call these "Instant" mashed potatoes, I call them genius. |
 |
| The beautiful chicks after some time in the tanning bed. |
 |
And there you have it, a fabulous meal fit for Newlyweds. Remember to use the leftover drumsticks in the next night's meal such as: shredding them for chicken tacos, chicken tetrazzini, or some other delicious chicken meal.
Never thought you would get a "cooking blog" from me, did you????? Although I have been known to serve my husband Hot Pockets, I am working on some recipes and making time to cook semi-decent meals. I'll let you know how it goes! |
Very impressive meal, young lady! I know your husband was pleased!
ReplyDeleteBeing a visual learner, I found your blog quite instructive! Especially the "chicks after some time in the tanning bed."
ReplyDelete